Arnold D. Johnson Sr. Award for Water Resources
Nova Scotia Community College is pleased to offer this award, established through the generosity of Halifax Water, to support Indigenous African Nova Scotian students entering Environmental Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology at NSCC.
About the Award
Named in honour of Arnold D. Johnson Sr., who served the Preston Area communities as a Halifax County Councillor and was instrumental in creating the Watershed Association Development Enterprise and the Lake Major Watershed Advisory Committee, this award recognizes the foresight and dedication of Mr. Johnson during his many years of public service and his many accomplishments.
- Program Delivery - Full-time
- Campus - Ivany Campus
- Year of Study - Year 1
- Program – Preference is given to students enrolled in the Environmental Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology programs. Applications are also accepted from the Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, and Plumbing programs.
- Good Academic Standing
- Applicants must self-identify as Indigenous African Nova Scotian students
- Applicants must have a minimum average of 80% in their most recent education
Students Must Demonstrate
- Financial need
- Passion for chosen field
- Interest in water resources
Number of Awards
How to ApplyCurrent students and confirmed applicants may apply to this award through the student awards portal. Prospective students may begin the application process by completing the Prospective Student Application Form.
This award is renewable for students who are enrolled in multi-year programs based on maintaining an 80% academic average with no failed courses each term.