NSCC Post-Care Free Tuition Program
About the AwardThis bursary program has been established to support those who have lived in care in the Nova Scotia child welfare system — including Mi’kmaw Family and Children’s Services of Nova Scotia — or have been in receipt of services through the Department of Community Services,Services for Youth Program. This bursary will be applied towards tuition costs and ancillary fees for full- or part-time learning, with an aim to help make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care.
- Have lived in care for a minimum of one year (cumulative or accumulated) in the Nova Scotia child welfare system — including Mi’kmaw Family and Children’s Services of Nova Scotia — as defined by the Children and Family Services Act, 2017; or have been in receipt of services through the Department of Community Services, Youth Services Program
- Must consent to a Release of Information for verification process with Nova Scotia Community Services
- Must be entering or working towards completing their first post-secondary credential (e.g. certificate, diploma, or degree) and enrolled in a program with tuition and associated fees
- Must have obtained an offer of admission from NSCC by meeting program admission requirements
- Willing to meet with Student Awards staff to explore other sources of funding and orientation to NSCC
- Not currently receiving the NS Department of Community Services’ Educational Bursary Program for Children in Care or the Post-Care and Custody Agreement
- Must complete an application — including an Educational/Academic Plan and a Financial Need Statement and provide documentation for any other extenuating circumstances to assist in determining eligibility
How We Choose
- Financial need
- Commitment and interest in program
To Apply for This AwardThis award requires the completion of the following section(s) of our online application system:
This is for information only as once you add this award to your awards list the system will generate a list of requirements based on the awards you have chosen to apply for.
- Educational Goals: Provide us with an overview of: Why you chose your program/field of study; your career aspirations, and why you believe you will succeed in your chosen profession upon graduation.
- Completion of Release of information form
Number of Awards
5**Note: Value of award is up to 100% of tuition and fees; may be limited to regular certificate/diploma tuition rates.
For application related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org